Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9X40 Scope

I actually bought this scope locally from Bass Pro Shop. It was the same price at Bass Pro as all the sites on the net that I looked, so I said what the hell I'll get it now and not wait for the shipping. All of us know how bad it sucks to be stuck at home held captive waiting on UPS or the like. I picked up a Primary Arms scope mount for it. http://www.primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=13&categoryId=88
The mount worked well and is solid for the price of $25.

So I mounted it and packed up my gear and hot the range. I went threw 40 rounds of ammo at 25 yards and not being able to even come close to the center? What was going on? I was getting extremly pissed. Do I have a defective scope? Is the cheapo mount junk? Nope all is well, it was the jackass who mounted it fauly...ME!!! I did a classic rookie mistake and mounted it 90 degrees off in the rings. my knobs were not in the right position so when I adjusted it it went the wrong way. Luckly a range worker noticed it and I had my torx bit screwdriver with me and I turned it in the ring to where right and left is on the right and windage is on the top. Then he did a poor mans sight bore alignment. We took oof the upper and removed the BCG and he looked threw the barrel and then the scope and got it close enough to hit paper. 3 shots later I'm dead nuts on the bullseye!!!! Operator error....

No comments:

Post a Comment