Monday, May 24, 2010

Millett DMS-1 with Burris PERP Mount

First impression it is heavier than I thought it was gunna be (scope and mount together). It was an easy install, but the mount does have 6 screws per ring so I used a torx bit screw driver instead of the included tool, which would take way to long to evenly tighten all the screws. Once I got the reticle straight in the mount I took it to the range. It sighted in with three shots at 25 yards. The adjustment knobs are big and easy to turn with positive felt clicks. The knobs are also marked clearly for easy quick adjustments when shooting at longer distances. It has an "Illuminated Donut-Dot" with a 1 MOA dot inside of the donut. You can sight in using the donut as a gauge. Dead center at 25 yards then lower edge of donut is 50 yards etc. without losing your 25 yard zero, meaning you dont touch the dails on the scope. The reticle is crisp when on, except in direct sunlight. However the etched reticle is still very visible and the illumination is not even needed. once the sun went down I had to turn it down and it was perfect all night. I put around 160 rounds threw it that day including rapid fire of 3 (30) round mags. Held zero fine. I left it on for around 4 hours with no issues of fading or losing power. I will continue to give updates on this set-up. I bought it here thanks to dakine427's advise and tons of research on the net. http://swfa.com/Millett-1-4x24-DMS-PEPR-Combo-P42148.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment